bacon and cauliflower hash browns recipe
Hash browns are perfect for a healthy, low-carb, and super-quick supper or lunch. They are flavor-packed, fresh, tasty, and vibrant and can be served as a main dish or breakfast. Breakfast-style bacon and cauliflower hash browns are crispy and creamy and fluffy on the inside. Known as the Holy Grail of Breakfast, this is a low carb version to include in your menu. Bypass potatoes to make this deliciously simple, diet-friendly breakfast packed full of healthy ingredients and flavors. This nutritious and easy to make dish can be served with fresh vegetables.
- 10 ounces cauliflower, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon
MAKES: 2 servings
- Preheat oil in a medium nonstick skillet and saute the onion for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until brown. Stir in the cauliflower and cook for several minutes or until tender and light brown.
- Soften or melt the butter. Then add butter and stir. Butter speeds up cooking and browning. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle parsley on top.
- You can also add paprika. Serve as a breakfast side or make fried eggs and serve with the hash browns. You can also combine with roast beef or bratwurst for a satisfying meal.