chia seed pudding recipe
This healthy, delicious low carb dessert is festive-looking, refreshing, and fancy. The best part is that you can make it in advance and experiment with the ingredients. Add your favorite fruit for more flavor. I often produce desserts that are tasty, simple, and new. This chia seed pudding is a beautiful blend of fruits, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon and makes for a refreshingly different dessert, snack, or breakfast. If you are on the lookout for a nutritious, mouth-watering dessert or vanilla-rich treat, this pudding is a must-try! You will love the texture and rich flavors.
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds (black or white)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of sliced fruits (kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, kumquat)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
MAKES: 4 servings
- Combine cinnamon, salt, and chia seeds in a bowl, add vanilla, and pour hot water. Mix well, add cream, and combine well. You can use almond or coconut milk instead of water. Stir gently until the mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours or overnight so that the seeds absorb liquid from the cream and soften. Divide into 4 cups and garnish with the sliced fruits.
- You can also garnish with whipped cream and raspberries, peaches, papaya, cranberries, or other low-carb fruits of your choice.