egg bake with mozzarella and onion recipe
If you are looking for a low-carb, well-seasoned, and savory meal this tasty, filling, and nutritious egg bake is the perfect choice. It is flavorful, delicious, and quick to make and combines veggies and healthy sources of protein. I use this recipe at least once a week because of the balanced and healthy mix of ingredients. It is also a great dish to prepare during a busy and hectic workweek. As you can see, the recipe doesn't involve complicated steps, which makes it a tasty and easy-fixing meal for your whole family.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces kale leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of mozzarella, grated
- 6 eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
MAKES: 4 - 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F). Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onion. Optionally, you can add 3/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes and add the kale. Stir for about 1 - 2 minutes. If you use baby kale, cook for 1 minute.
- Beat the eggs. Spray oil in a casserole and transfer the onion and kale mix. Spread Mozzarella on top, add the eggs, and mix well. Bake until lightly brown or for about 35 - 40 minutes. Let aside for 5 - 10 minutes. Serve with a side dish or sour cream.
- You can use grated Gruyere cheese instead of mozzarella and 10 ounces of spinach instead of kale. If you use frozen spinach, thaw, chop, and dry.